• 1} God's desire
◦ Exodus 25:8 And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.
◦ Ephesians 2:19-22 Now, therefore, you are not longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building being fitted together grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
• HYMN 456- My Lord and I
• 2} The Courtyard
◦ Exodus 27:9 You shall also make the court of the tabernacle...
▪ 1 Peter 2:4, 5 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by man, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Exodus 27:16 For the gate of the court there shall be a screen twenty cubits long…
• HYMN 314- Just As I Am
◦ Exodus 27:1, 2 You shall make and altar of acacia wood...and you shall overlay it with Bronze
▪ Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
▪ Exodus 30:18 You shall make a laver of bronze, with its base also of bronze, for washing. You shall put it between the tabernacle of meeting and the altar. And you shall put water in it. Ezekiel 36:24-28 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk, and you will keep in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.
• HYMN 318- Whiter Than Snow
• 3} Point : The Sanctuary
◦ Exodus 25:9 According to all that I show you, that is the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all it's furnishings, just so you shall make it.
▪ Exodus 26:1 Moreover you shall make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine woven linen, and blue, purple, and scarlet thread; with artistic designs of cherubim you shall weave them… Psalms 24:3, 4 Who may ascent into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to and idol, nor sworn deceitfully.
• HYMN 307- I Am Coming To The Cross
◦ Exodus 25:23, 24 You shall also make a table of acacia wood...And you shall overlay it with pure gold...
▪ John 6:48 I am the bread of life. John 5:39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. Deuteronomy 8:3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread along; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.
• HYMN 547- Be Thou My Vision
◦ Exodus 25:31 You shall also make a lampstand of pure gold...(The light of the lampstand is produced by oil)
▪ Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
▪ John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
• HYMN 262- Sweet Sweet Spirit
◦ Exodus 30:1, 3 You shall make an altar to burn incense on; you shall make it of acacia wood... and you shall overlay its top, its sides all around, and its horns with pure gold... Psalms 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before You as incense... Luke 1:10 And the whole multitude of the people was praying outside at the hour of incense. Revelation 8:3, 4 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angels hand.
• HYMN 478- Sweet Hour Of Prayer
◦ Exodus 25:10, 11, 22 And they shall make an ark of acacia wood...and you shall overlay it with pure gold inside and out you shall overlay it...And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment... (We have two lungs and above the lungs sits the brain...)
• Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. Acts 17:28 for in him we live and move and have our being... 1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. Colossians 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
◦ HYMN 492- Like Jesus
• 4} God in Person
◦ Micah 2:5 But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.
▪ John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. Luke 2:25-32 And behold, a there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ. So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought Christ Jesus to do for Him according to the custom of the law, he took Him up in his arms and blessed God said: Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, for my eyes have seen Your salvation which You have prepared before the face of all peoples, a light to bring revelation to the Gentiles and the glory of Your people Israel.
◦ HYMN 133- Now is Born the Divine Christ Child
◦ Luke 2:45-52 Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have you done this to us? Look your father and I have sought You anxiously.” And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them. Then he went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus Increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and Man.
◦ Luke 3:21, 22 When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while he prayed, the heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said,”You are my beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”
▪ Matthew 14:14 And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick. John 11:33-35 Therefore, when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with the weeping, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled. And he said, “Where have you laid him?” They said to Him, “Lord, come and see.” Jesus wept.
• HYMN 254- The Great Physician Now is Near
◦ Mark 9:2, 7...Jesus took Peter, James and John and led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves; and He was transfigured before them... And a cloud came and overshadowed them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying. 'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”
▪ Matthew 5:2-16 Blessed are the poor in spirit... Blessed are those who mourn... Blessed are the meek... Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after Righteousness... Blessed are the merciful... Blessed are the pure in heart... Blessed are the peacemakers... Blessed are those who are persecuted for Righteousness sake...Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad...You are the salt of the earth...You are the light of the world...Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Philippians 2:5-8 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God did not considerate robbery to be equal with God, but made himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond-servant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
• HYMN 154- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
• 5} Reality today
◦ 1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
▪ Romans 12:1, 2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
• HYMN 500- Take Time To Be Holy